How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links, for which we may receive a referral fee. The cost is the same to you and any compensation we may receive does not affect our reviews or rankings. Thanks!
Your Business Could Win Cash!
Do you own a small business or startup that provides a service to the self-employed? FreshBooks and FidelityLabs have teamed up to launch the Reshape the World Challenge just for you. They are looking to reward businesses that are reshaping the world by providing a product or service that caters to the self-employed. Examples of such services include helping the self-employed save for retirement, find new clients, or keep track of finances.
There are lots of prizes up for grabs, including:
- $30,000 in cash
- Free exposure and promotion for your business
- All-expenses paid travel to Releigh, NC to show off your product or service and meet with industry experts
- Virtual workshops on topics chosen by you, such as branding, customer acquisition, and user experience
All you have to do to enter is fill out a brief form telling a little bit about your business and describing what problem your business is trying to solve for the self-employed. Entries can include a 90 second video or a 500 word description talking about your product or service and how it helps the self-employed.
What are the judges looking for?
They want to reward businesses devoted to helping entrepreneurs thrive. Here are some tips to think about when describing your product for the judges:
- Is your business focused on serving the self-employed market?
- Do you help freelancers focus on their work or get rid of administrative burdens?
- Do you have a unique way of solving an unmet need?
- Is your product or service loved by your customers?
To be eligible, your company must:
- Offer a product available in the U.S.
- Be privately-held or, if incorporated, be incorporated for more than five years
- Not be a consulting or outsourcing firm
- The product or software must already exist in the market
This challenge runs until May 25, 2018, so don’t delay on getting your entry in. Winners will be announced on June 8, 2018.
To enter and for more details, check out the contest landing page.