How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links, for which we may receive a referral fee. The cost is the same to you and any compensation we may receive does not affect our reviews or rankings. Thanks!
Special TurboTax Deals
For a limited time, save $10 – $30 off TurboTax 2017 (depending on version). This special deal for newly released software won’t last long.
TurboTax was released on November 9, 2017, just in time to get you started on preparing to file your 2017 Income Tax Return.
The first question to ask yourself is “Should I get the Desktop or Online version of TurboTax?” What’s the difference? Both versions are easy to use and will get you the biggest refund. The online version is the one you use through your web browser by going to TurboTax.com. The problem with the online version is it charges you $36.99 extra to file a state tax return.
The Desktop Version of TurboTax is a program that you download and install on your computer. It comes with a free state tax return in addition to up to 5 federal tax returns, so you get a lot more for your money. Overall, it’s much cheaper than the online version.
You don’t need a coupon to get the best deal on TurboTax 2017. Many of the coupons floating around out there are gimmicks and don’t really get you the best price. What you really need to pay attention to is whether or not the version of TurboTax you are purchasing includes the state tax return.
Since many of the TurboTax 2017 versions don’t include the state tax return, you end up having to pay an extra $36.99 to file your state return. We work hard to make sure you always get the best deal for all editions of TurboTax. The best prices available are featured here on this page.
TurboTax Deluxe 2017
Choose TurboTax 2017 Deluxe if:
- You own your home and have a mortgage
- You made donations to charity
- You have a lot of deductions (Schedule A)
- You have childcare expenses
- TurboTax Deluxe includes 5 federal and 1 state tax return preparation and efile
TurboTax Premier 2017
Choose TurboTax 2017 Premier if:
- You sold investments such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds
- You own rental property
- You received a K-1 form as the beneficiary of a trust or estate
- TurboTax Premier includes 5 federal and 1 state tax return preparation and efile
TurboTax Home & Business 2017
Choose TurboTax 2017 Home & Business if:
- You own a business as a sole proprietor, single owner LLC, consultant, or 1099 contractor
- You need to create W-2 or 1099-MISC forms for employees
- You file personal and business taxes on the same return
- TurboTax Home & Business includes 5 federal and 1 state tax return preparation and efile
TurboTax Business 2017
Choose TurboTax 2017 Business if:
- You want to file a business return as an LLC, S Corporation, C Corporation, or partnership
- You want to file a return for an estate or trust
TurboTax Basic 2017
Choose TurboTax 2017 Basic if:
- You file a simple tax return such as 1040EZ
- You don’t have a mortgage
- You don’t have investments or rental property
- Note: State return is $39.99 extra
Compare Versions of TurboTax
You don’t need a coupon to get a discount on TurboTax 2017. Coupons for TurboTax are usually gimmicks and don’t save you any money. To make sure you’re getting the best deal, instead of a TurboTax coupon, just make sure the version you buy includes e-file for your state return, then compare prices with other websites. We try to make sure TopFinancialTools.com always has the lowest price anywhere.
TurboTax is the #1 most popular tax preparation software because it makes filing taxes so easy, anyone can do it. TurboTax asks easy-to-answer questions and figures out your taxes for you, so you don’t have to be a tax expert.
You can download TurboTax at a big discount and get started on your tax return today. TurboTax Deluxe is the most popular version. Its easy-to-use step-by-step guide ensures you don’t miss anything and guarantees you the biggest refund possible. Whether you are single and filing a simple return or married with children and own a small business, TurboTax has a version that’s right for you.