How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links, for which we may receive a referral fee. The cost is the same to you and any compensation we may receive does not affect our reviews or rankings. Thanks!
Intuit has released the third major patch for Quicken 2016 since it came out in November. Quicken 2016 R3 is for Windows versions of Quicken.
According to Inuit’s official Release Notes, the R3 patch fixes several issues, including the following:
- Problems loading all data in a data file after an upgrade
- Some users get locked out after switching between data files
- Error updating the Credit Score report
- Erroneous multiple transaction entries after linking a biller
- Enter and Skip buttons displayed in paid bills
- Incorrect display of security message on biller login page
In addition to fixing the issues listed above, the R3 patch also implements the following improvements to Quicken:
- Online Bills transaction history message reworded
- Biller Login page text correctly aligned
- Bills page scroll bar and text are correctly displayed
- Improved Settings/Gear icon on Bills Page
- Error text messages in Bill Center are reworded
As long-term Quicken users know, there are usually several updates/patches to each new annual release of Quicken before all the bugs are worked out and the software starts functioning up to par. This year’s version of Quicken was better than some prior years. Most of the bugs fixed this time around are relatively minor and have affected only a small percentage of users.
How to Update to Quicken 2016 R3
In some cases, users have reported problems when Quicken automatically installed the R3 update. They were unable to access Quicken and were essentially “locked out” of the software.
Users have reported that manually installing or reinstalling the R3 update has successfully resolved this problem.
To determine which release of Quicken you are currently running, open Quicken, then go to the “Help” dropdown menu and click on “About Quicken”. The popup window will show the release you are running.
R3 can be manually installed by downloading the “Mondo Patch“. The Mondo Patch is the big patch that includes all updates for Quicken, including the latest R3 patch.
After downloading the Mondo Patch, run the downloaded file. It should be named “QW2016R3MPatch.exe”. This file will update Quicken to version R3.
How to Get Quicken 2016
If you’ve been holding off on purchasing Quicken 2016 until all the bugs have been worked out, now is a good time to go ahead and get it. With three patches now released, this version is pretty stable now.