As you may know, Intuit sold Quicken to H.I.G. Capital earlier this year (in March).
This was a great thing and will make Quicken a much better product.
H.I.G Capital is investing a lot of money in improving and modernizing Quicken to better compete with other personal financial products.
Quicken is still hands down the best personal financial management software for the desktop, but there are several products competing in the cloud arena, so Quicken needs to step up their game.
The newest version, Quicken 2017, was released just two weeks ago on October 13, 2016. This is the first Quicken release since H.I.G. Capital took over, so we’ll see how it turns out. I’m hopeful and users are already reporting a much improved product over last year’s version.
The reviews on Amazon are averaging 4.5 stars! That’s the most I’ve ever seen for Quicken!
- Improved design and cleaner look
- Better mobile app now allows tracking investments and entering transactions offline
- Integration with Zillow to keep track of your home’s value with automatic market value updates
- Many other new and improved features for the Mac version
Plus the new features from last year are still there:
- Free unlimited phone support
- Online bill tracking allows you to sync your bills with billers
Like previous years, there are still 5 versions of Quicken, plus a Mac version. The Windows versions include:
- Home & Business
- Rental Property Manager
To help you decide which version to get, we’ve created a Comparison Chart that includes all the major features of each version, plus the best prices from various online retailers so you can make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Last year I did not recommend upgrading to Quicken 2016 unless your current version was more than 3 years old, but I definitely recommend upgrading this year.
Now is a great time to buy Quicken because it’s currently on sale at Amazon for $20 – $40 off depending on the version.
Check out this video showing you how to install Quicken 2017, plus you get a quick peek at the new layout.
Subscribe to the Top Financial Tools YouTube channel to see my other Quicken 2017 videos as I add them over the next few days.
Contact me here for any questions or leave a comment below.
Latest posts by Nate Phillips (see all)
- How to import a Quicken data file to Moneyspire - August 28, 2017
- Moneyspire Personal Finance Software Review: A Top Quicken Alternative - August 28, 2017
- Changes Coming to Quicken Fall 2017 - August 7, 2017